|Intro To Sailing||15||FULL - 0 waitlist|
|Race Clinic||5||currently space available|
|Session 1||42||FULL - 0 waitlisted|
|Session 2||43||FULL - 0 waitlist|
|(as of June 28, 2020)|
Thank you for visiting. Online Registration is still open.
Please browse the rest of our website and contact us if you have any questions.
• Want to see if your friends are signed up? click here -> Who's already signed up!
Registration is required with both the Junior Sailing Association (JSA) and Huguenot Yacht Club (HYC) in order to confirm your enrollment in the 2020 Summer Program.
Our program accepts children between 8 and 16 years old; their age as of December 31, 2020 shall be considered his/her age for this year's program. Basic swimming skills is a requirement. Each child will be given a swim test at the beginning of each session.
For the 2020 Season we are using Club Spot for registration, it is integrated with the JSA and should streamline the registration where possible.
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS: please read before clicking on links below, you may need the following personal information about the jr. sailor:
• birthday, weight, sex, medical conditions, allergies, etc.
• school name - upcoming next fall
• sail number - put "TBD" if unknown
• club name - click on "Huguenot Yacht Club"
• boat name - this is optional
• Parent/Gradian: name, email, and mobile
• Secondary Parent/Guardian: name, email. and mobile
• Emergency Contact(s): name, email, mobile, and relation to jr. sailor
• Medical & Insurance Information
• Home Address of Jr. Sailor
TO START - Click on the Club Spot Registration Page Link, this will open a new window.
Start - Enter the participants Name, Class, and Session: First the Name; you will then be prompted to then Add a Class, this is the type of boat your jr. sailor will be sailing in and their skill level; and then select Session(s). If you are planning to take Intro to Sailing, you should select Beginner Optimist. Note, the prices shown are before any Member Savings and other Discounts.
At this point, If you need to make any changes to your Session or Class selection, you need to click on < Classes and REMOVE the Class from the first page.
When you are ready to proceed, click [REGISTER participants name]
STEP 1 (returning sailor JSA Registration & Waiver) - since all previous JSA memberships expired on December 31, 2019, the JSA would like you to update or confirm your jr. sailor's personal information. Please renew your membership which will open a new Club Spot dialogue, enter an email or mobile number associated with your prior membership, and you should get a drop-down list with your jr. sailor's name(s) to choose from, you will go thru a confirmation process, and you can update or confirm the jr. sailor’s personal information. - there is no fee for this.
Step 1 (new participant JSA Registration & Waiver) - proceed to click join - this is the JSA Waiver, there is no fee for this.
Note: if you are registering more than one sailor, clicking on [+ Add Another] and contact and insurance information will carry over to the new jr sailor.
Step 1 - After you have entered the name of you Jr Sailor, select your membership status, enter your member number if asked. When ready, proceed to [NEXT STEP]
STEP 2 - Participant: Please review your jr sailor’s information and add Additional, if any.
SPECIAL NOTE: in the Additional Information section - if you have already paid JSA Family Dues for one of your jr. sailors, CLICK TO CHANGE this option and select "We already paid JSA family dues on another registration." <-- this is in the Additional Information section
OPTIONAL - Merchandise:
When your selections are complete, proceed to [NEXT STEP]
STEP 3 - Payment: please read the Additional Notes, they are important
If you have an early bird or sibling discount, please remember to add before making payment; it is not automatic. (click on the blue text that says + discount code in the Order Summary Panel.
Please select method of Payment: Credit/Debit, ACH, or Member Charge.
*Club members should pay through Member Charge to receive the member discount. *
After you select the [PAY] button you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
IMPORTANT: 50% deposit required at check-out to reserve your spot and take advantage of early bird discounts. (Members will be through the Club).
Thank you! If at any time you have any questions or concerns regarding either the JSA Sign-up or the HYC Registration forms, please contact the HYC Junior Sailing Office.
If you need to make any changes to your Session or Class selection, you need to go back and REMOVE the Class from the first page. Click on < Order Summary any time to go back to the first page. Your sailor info, membership, and verification will remain intact.
Huguenot Yacht Club accepts children between 8 and 16 years old (A student’s age on December 31, 2018) shall be considered…
Tuition for Intro to Sailing, Race Clinic, Sessions 1 and 2, charter fees and available discounts
Information pertaining to the Tina Doufekias Junior Sailing Scholarship
Not all clubs in our area offer a Junior Sailing Program for children between the ages of 8 to 16 or do so only for their…
Jr Sailing Parents
HYC Jr Sailing has been having great and healthy summer both on the water and on the land. We are striving to keep it that way. The health and safety of our Jr Sailors and staff remain our highest priority. We ask that you help us continue to protect the health of sailors this summer. While we continue to guard against the virus, we have to remember other safety precautions.
Please drive carefully in the parking lot.
Drop Off and Check-In
- At drop off, please be sure to wait for the thumbs up from the screener before departing. Thumbs up means your sailor does not have a fever, and they are checked in.
We want to minimize reversing in the parking lot. After the thumbs-up, please proceed forward out the lower exit. When boats are launching, the lower gate will be closed, and you will have to make a 180 degree turn and head out the way you came in. If you need to park, please pick a spot away from the tent area. All members of your party must wear a face covering on the grounds.
Pick Up and Check Out
- Accountability at HYC Jr Sailing is extremely important. Please make sure your sailor correctly checks out at the checkout table before they get in your car.
- Anyone who is sick or was sick with COVID-19 or recently in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days— including staff, sailors, and families— should not come to the program. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick.
Please remind your sailors to wear face coverings when on the grounds. They do not need to wear a face-covering when eating, on their boat, or in the water. They must physically distance when eating.
- Sailors must wear their life vests zipped up. Life vests not worn properly provide no protection in the water.
- Please have your sailors wear closed-toe, rubber-soled shoes such as boat shoes or sneakers. Crocks are great; flip flops are not. Please keep the flip flops at home.
- Please make sure your sailor has sunglasses and a Hat: with a brim suitable to shade the eyes and face from the sun. Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) -- ample supply; *no aerosol sunscreens. Sailors are reminded during the day to reapply sunscreen. We can’t do it for them.
Long sleeve tops, sun cover-ups, and rash guards are excellent at blocking the sun.
HYC Jr. Sail Committee