Our program accepts children between 8 and 16 years old (A student’s age on December 31, 2018 shall be considered his/her age for the program).
Basic swimming skills are a requirement. Each child will be given a swim test at the beginning of each session.
Huguenot Yacht Club does not require prior membership to enroll in our program; during the program, non-member families enjoy use of our Club House and dining facilities.
All privately owned boats must pass our safety inspection during the week before the program begins.
Enrollment is limited to 40 boys and girls per session between the ages of 8 and 16 years old. If you don’t have your own boat, Huguenot Yacht Club has a limited number of boats available for charter on a first-come, first-served basis.
Huguenot Yacht Club accepts children between 8 and 16 years old (A student’s age on December 31, 2018) shall be considered…
Tuition for Intro to Sailing, Race Clinic, Sessions 1 and 2, charter fees and available discounts
Information pertaining to the Tina Doufekias Junior Sailing Scholarship
Not all clubs in our area offer a Junior Sailing Program for children between the ages of 8 to 16 or do so only for their…
Jr Sailing Parents
HYC Jr Sailing has been having great and healthy summer both on the water and on the land. We are striving to keep it that way. The health and safety of our Jr Sailors and staff remain our highest priority. We ask that you help us continue to protect the health of sailors this summer. While we continue to guard against the virus, we have to remember other safety precautions.
Please drive carefully in the parking lot.
Drop Off and Check-In
- At drop off, please be sure to wait for the thumbs up from the screener before departing. Thumbs up means your sailor does not have a fever, and they are checked in.
We want to minimize reversing in the parking lot. After the thumbs-up, please proceed forward out the lower exit. When boats are launching, the lower gate will be closed, and you will have to make a 180 degree turn and head out the way you came in. If you need to park, please pick a spot away from the tent area. All members of your party must wear a face covering on the grounds.
Pick Up and Check Out
- Accountability at HYC Jr Sailing is extremely important. Please make sure your sailor correctly checks out at the checkout table before they get in your car.
- Anyone who is sick or was sick with COVID-19 or recently in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days— including staff, sailors, and families— should not come to the program. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick.
Please remind your sailors to wear face coverings when on the grounds. They do not need to wear a face-covering when eating, on their boat, or in the water. They must physically distance when eating.
- Sailors must wear their life vests zipped up. Life vests not worn properly provide no protection in the water.
- Please have your sailors wear closed-toe, rubber-soled shoes such as boat shoes or sneakers. Crocks are great; flip flops are not. Please keep the flip flops at home.
- Please make sure your sailor has sunglasses and a Hat: with a brim suitable to shade the eyes and face from the sun. Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) -- ample supply; *no aerosol sunscreens. Sailors are reminded during the day to reapply sunscreen. We can’t do it for them.
Long sleeve tops, sun cover-ups, and rash guards are excellent at blocking the sun.
HYC Jr. Sail Committee