* because of COVID-19 the regatta schedule is currently in flux, a lot depends on guidance from the CDC, NYS, US Sailing, and the JSALIS
|Intro to Sailing||3 days||Jun 30||Jul 2|
|Racing Clinic||3 days||Jun 30||Jul 2|
|Session 1||3 weeks||Jul 6||Jul 24|
|Session 2||3 weeks||Jul 27||Aug 14|
|Early Group||7 hours||9:00am||4:00pm|
|Late Group||7 hours||10:00am||5:00pm|
|Private Boat Check-In||3 days||Jun 23||Jun 30|
|Fall Jr. Sailing||10 weeks||Aug 24||Oct 30|
Provisional Lunch Menu ...
HUGU Feva / Opti / Radial Meet-Up Series – RESULTS
Schedule of HYC regattas and select JSA regattas.
Common questions about Junior Sailing regattas.
Some Details about the Fall Sailing 2020
The smartphone app to improve communication, planning, scheduling of Junior Regattas
Jr Sailing Parents
HYC Jr Sailing has been having great and healthy summer both on the water and on the land. We are striving to keep it that way. The health and safety of our Jr Sailors and staff remain our highest priority. We ask that you help us continue to protect the health of sailors this summer. While we continue to guard against the virus, we have to remember other safety precautions.
Please drive carefully in the parking lot.
Drop Off and Check-In
- At drop off, please be sure to wait for the thumbs up from the screener before departing. Thumbs up means your sailor does not have a fever, and they are checked in.
We want to minimize reversing in the parking lot. After the thumbs-up, please proceed forward out the lower exit. When boats are launching, the lower gate will be closed, and you will have to make a 180 degree turn and head out the way you came in. If you need to park, please pick a spot away from the tent area. All members of your party must wear a face covering on the grounds.
Pick Up and Check Out
- Accountability at HYC Jr Sailing is extremely important. Please make sure your sailor correctly checks out at the checkout table before they get in your car.
- Anyone who is sick or was sick with COVID-19 or recently in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days— including staff, sailors, and families— should not come to the program. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick.
Please remind your sailors to wear face coverings when on the grounds. They do not need to wear a face-covering when eating, on their boat, or in the water. They must physically distance when eating.
- Sailors must wear their life vests zipped up. Life vests not worn properly provide no protection in the water.
- Please have your sailors wear closed-toe, rubber-soled shoes such as boat shoes or sneakers. Crocks are great; flip flops are not. Please keep the flip flops at home.
- Please make sure your sailor has sunglasses and a Hat: with a brim suitable to shade the eyes and face from the sun. Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) -- ample supply; *no aerosol sunscreens. Sailors are reminded during the day to reapply sunscreen. We can’t do it for them.
Long sleeve tops, sun cover-ups, and rash guards are excellent at blocking the sun.
HYC Jr. Sail Committee